Friday, December 16, 2011

My next endeavor: Becoming a published author, and the journey this entails.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to write a book. I'm going to write a bad ass book. One full of fictional, brutal violence, love, justice, chaos, sex, vengeance, well you get the picture I hope.

Of all fantasy creatures, I've always felt a strong resonance with (as dubbed by White Wolf) the Gurahl. The were-bear. A shape-shifter with the capability to become a bear, or a giant mixture of man and bear. This is to become the main character.

This isn't my first effort at writing a book. This IS my first SERIOUS effort though. Now, I'll list the challenges I need to overcome to make this happen, and how I plan to do so.

I'm no college graduate. Hell, I never went except for Basketball 101 which was basically just an excuse to go play ball with Steve until the instructor moved him to Basketball 102. I plan to overcome this by using my otherworldly command of the English language to my benefit. I might have failed English in high school every semester, but my vocabulary and descriptive ability are beyond that of most. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I have experience in typing up the most incredible descriptions of various situations that I'm capable of by way of text-based role play in AOL chat rooms for a little over a decade.

Fear of being rejected. A human instinct these days. It's sad but true. I plan to conquer this with my unbridled tenacity. I'm going to put myself and my work out there. If you don't like it, that's fine. If you don't like ME, that's fine too. But for everyone that dislikes me or my efforts, there's a hundred people that will be left on the edge of their seat begging for more. Yeah. All I do is win baby. Even when I fail, I still win because I tried. Can YOU say that? I truly hope you can.

Time. Period, plain, and simple. This is going to take some time to get the ball rolling. Especially to the degree I want now. The degree of success I desire will grow exponentially as I invest more time and energy into this project. I don't want the world on a silver platter. Dirt tastes gross. I do like the idea though already. LOL.

Speaking of time.. it's time I set foot to this path and stomp all over it like I own the world.

No, I won't be publishing a blog tomorrow. Just reread this one. It'll still apply.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Pete! I suspect it will be nothing less than brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Briana! Can't wait.....

    ReplyDelete