Sunday, December 18, 2011

So.. I feel like an asshole.

After a lengthy period of uncertainty, I finally committed to attend my niece's 16th birthday party. For some societal reason I've never researched, the 16th birthday is incredibly important to young women. I plotted, planned, tried to budget so that I could get to work from the party.. and failed. I barely had enough to get to work from home that night and get some much needed food before starting my shift.

I feel like such a dick. I raised the hopes of many, including myself. All of these people, myself included, were let down. I'm in the rare possession of a vocabulary that rivals that of a thesaurus, and I lack the proper words to express how sorry I am that I couldn't make it.

I find it strangely fitting that as I type this, "Walk With Me In Hell" by Lamb of God is kicking the ever-loving crap out of my eardrums.

Also, I truly believe everything happens for a reason. I haven't had the smallest bit of luck figuring this reason out, but when I do it's likely to be some sort of cosmic kick to the nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment